Published by Kristin Babbs
2018 Oregon Fire Prevention Workshop
February 13-15, 2018
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites in Ashland, Oregon
The workshop will provide structural and wildland fire prevention educational sessions, networking opportunities, and more. The sessions include:
- Keynote: You’ll rarely meet the life you save! – Jeff Johnson, CEO Western Fire Chiefs Association
- Fire Prevention Cooperative Partnerships – Central Oregon Fire Prevention Cooperative
- Growing Pains: Fire Safety in the Budding Marijuana Industry
- Language that Motivates and Generates Wildfire Risk Reduction Results
- Building Engaging Presentations
- Insight: A Tool for Accountability for Teens Who Misuse Fire
- Wildfire Matters: A Multi-Faceted Approach to Wildfire Preparedness
- Bringing Your Fire Education Programs Out of the Dark Ages
- Risk Reduction in Places of Worship
- Firewise on the Frontier: The Journey Continues
- Fire Science and Our Safety Messages: Are We Keeping Up?
- Overview of the new OSU Fire Science Curriculum – Fire Prevention Module
- American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign: Saving Lives Through Education and Action
- Citizen Fire Academy Programs: A Dynamic Approach to Community Outreach for Wildfire Preparedness
- Intterra Situation Analyst and Interactive Public Web View
- Collaboration in Prevention: The Making of the Southern Oregon Firewise Expo
- Community Partners: Building an Effective Youth Fire Intervention Program
Cost: $50 early bird ($75 late registration – after January 12, 2018)
Register here: oregon.gov/osp/sfm/pages/fpworkshop.aspx
The course descriptions will be added to the webpage this week.
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites is nestled on the scenic side of Ashland off I-5, and just a short drive to downtown. Experience an uplifting 1970s retro-modern design, comfortable furnishings, and 14 acres of land with spectacular mountain vistas. During your free time, you can enjoy many local attractions; including theatre, golf, shopping, outdoor adventures, and local wineries.
Lodging is available at Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites at the government rate (currently $93). We are promoting lodging in fire-sprinklered rooms that the hotel has blocked out for this event. For reservations call 541-482-8310 or 855-482-8310 (Group name: OR Fire Prevention Workshop), or visit ashlandhillshotel.com (Group ID number: 120279). Please book your room by January 12, 2018 to guarantee the rate and a fire-sprinklered room.
Speakers: The OSFM will work with you to secure lodging. Please do not book your room.
If you have questions, please contact 503-934-8228 or email@example.com.
Oregon Fire Prevention Workshop Committee Co-chairs
Tom Fields, Fire Prevention Coordinator
Oregon Department of Forestry
Stephanie Stafford, Fire Prevention Coordinator
Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal