Published by Kristin Babbs
OREGON DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY
Public Use Restrictions for NW OREGON
Effective 01:00 a.m., PDT, July 29, 2016
By virtue of the authority vested in me under the provisions of ORS 477.535 to 477.550, I hereby proclaim a Regulated Closure to be in effect in the following subject area:
All lands protected by the Northwest Oregon Forest Protection District and all lands within one-eighth mile thereof.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the owner’s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in closed vehicles on improved roads.
- Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Use of wood burning devices, used in conjunction with temporary dwellings, including tents and trailers, is prohibited. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
- Non-industrial use of chain saws is prohibited, except as waived by the Forester.
- Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads and designated areas.
- Possession of the following fire fighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
- Use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
The State Forester or an authorized representative may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the State Forester or an authorized representative.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester’s Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District, and can also be found here: http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Fire/Pages/Restrictions.aspx
Definitions of words and phrases used in this proclamation may be found in ORS 477.001, OAR 629-041-0005.